Sunday, November 19, 2017

It's a Wrap!


Today was the final collection day for OCC boxes for my church. We collected 176 boxes!  I am so very excited! Last year, we collected 116 boxes, so this is a big jump for us. Next year, the goal is to collect even more boxes so that more children can come to know Jesus and put their faith in Him.

This was the first year to head up this ministry and to promote it year round. I think it really helped educate people on the ministry and kept it in people's minds. We also integrated OCC into one night of KidConnect, our vacation Bible school.  We collected hygiene items and we ended up with A LOT to share with people who needed hygiene items for their boxes and we were also able to send our excess to the processing center as filler items for boxes who need a bit of extra love.

I am already thinking ahead to next year and what I can do to facilitate more participation next year.  I know that this ministry isn't for everyone, but for those who really buy into it, I want it to be the best it can be. So for now, I pray and organize my thoughts and ideas. Oh!  And rest and enjoy the coming holidays.

Oh wait. I work for the largest online retailer in the world and this is our busiest time of the year. No rest until December 23rd for me.

This is the truck full of boxes we delivered to the drop off location today!  Hubby says we can fit another 20 boxes in, so next year I want it to be FULL!


1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Well done! I am thrilled for you and your church in meeting its goal.