This past week, I've spent countless hours in doctor waiting rooms, imaging service waiting rooms, and the hospital ER with my husband. The bad news is the doctors can't figure out what's wrong with my husband and it's landed him in the hospital. The good news is that I have increased stitching time. Since it was convenient, I picked up my LHN Seasonal Saltbox piece.
Since last Friday, I've finished the border, the grass, and most of the leaves. At this rate, I'll finish this block in a few days.
Here is the piece in its entirety. Sorry for the crummy pic, but my scanner and computer weren't communicating and my tech guy is out of commission at the moment. You get the general idea, though.
To keep me from getting too bogged down in all this stuff with Mark, I have this to lighten the load.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
I stitched this cute little Lizzie Kate design for my non-blogging friend, Robin, in the American Pride exchange. I used the fabric that was included in the kit, 28 ct. Relic linen from Picture This Plus and GAST, CCs, and DMC fibers. It was SO much fun to stitch! This was one of those designs that when I saw it, I knew that was the piece to stitch for the exchange.
Some quick views from the garden:
Daylily 'Siloam Double Classic' has been in my garden for 3 or 4 years, but it's never done well. Last fall, I relocated almost all of my daylilies to one section in my front flower bed. These guys seem to love their new home! They've been blooming like crazy for a couple of weeks.
The purple coneflowers are also blooming their little heads off! This is the second full season for them and they're doing so well! Such happy flowers.
This is "the look" from Hannah when her royal kittyness has been disturbed. Don't Mess with the Queen! LOL