Sunday, July 05, 2009

Saturday Night Stitch Progress for July 4th

Even though yesterday was a holiday for most folks, I had to work my normal Saturday shift. I don't mind working on holidays like the 4th of July because it's usually slower, our customers are great, and we get to goof off a bit while we work. After work, I came home and took a nice, long nap, then woke up to watch the 4th of July celebrations on TV. No better way to watch fireworks than from inside in the air conditioning! LOL You also don't have to worry about your view being obstructed and you can actually hear the music to which the fireworks are choreographed.

While watching the fireworks and listening to the patriotic music, I stitched on Little House Needlework's Heart of America piece. Here's where I started:


And here's where I stopped:


I'll work on it again today and post a pic of my total progress for the week soon.

Our 4th of July harvest: a couple of okra pods, 1 red bell pepper, and 1 Sugar Baby watermelon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great progress on your Heart of America piece! You just might send me over the side to purchase it!

How was the watermelon? I think you need to share!

Robin