Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!

A friend and I have decided to do a January 1st stitch along (SAL) on LHN's "The Busy Needle", which is an exclusive chart available from The Busy Needle in Tucson, AZ.



All of the finishes I've seen of this have been on some variation of tan fabric, so I want to do it on something a bit different. After digging through my fabric stash (a chore, let me tell you!), these are my 2 finalists with a floss toss. Please excuse the brightness of the floss in the scans. It was the best I could do so late at night. You get the idea anyway.

First up, Blue Dynasty from Silkweaver.



Next, a Silkweaver Solo, grape-ish in color.



There are things I like about each. My main concern with the second fabric color is how well the Wild Berries thread will show up. (Wild Berries is the top floss color in each scan.) I will most likely do a test stitch of each color to see how it looks prior to making my final decision, but I have to be quick since January 1st is just around the corner!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I think the colors show up better on the blue...

Suzanne