Friday, October 31, 2008

Two Exchange Pieces Received

Yesterday, I received my Heart of America exchange piece from Jan. She chose Bent Creek's "God Bless You" with a few changes. First of all, she changed the wording to "God bless the USA" with "the" stitched over 1. She also changed one of the stars to a heart to add a bit of red. It's stitched on 32 ct. Vintage Palomino linen from Lakeside using a variety of threads. I absolutely LOVE it! I just keep staring at it and trying to decide how I want to finish it.


I got word today from Chris, that she received her Heart of America exchange piece. I just mailed it Wednesday and it only took 2 days for it to get from Texas to California! The USPS amazes me sometimes. LOL I chose Lizzie Kate's "Let Freedom Ring" for her. I love the simplicity of this design and it was such a fun and delightful stitch. It's stitched on 32 ct. Vintage Country Mocha linen and used 3 Crescent Colours fibers. They're not a direct conversion from the called-for fibers. I just picked a red, white, and blue that looked good together and then picked my fabric. I also used a grey for the pole because in my mind, most flagpoles are silver. I think it turned out great, if I do say so myself!



It was a great stitchy mail day all the way around!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Great exchange, Stephanie, both given and received.