Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Baked Some Brownies!

Since I am housebound today, I whipped up a batch of homemade brownies. These are my absolute, all-time, made from scratch favorites! They are so easy to make, too! This was originally an "in the jar" recipe, so you could layer the dry ingredients in a small Mason jar, and attach the recipe to the lid and give as a gift.

Sand Art Brownies
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1/3 cup cocoa
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup Holiday M&Ms (red & green, or any baking chip of your choice"
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/8 cup flour
½ cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts, coarsely chopped)
½ tsp. salt

1 tsp. vanilla
2/3 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs

Mix dry ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl and add vanilla, oil, and eggs. Stir until well blended. Pour into a greased 9 X 9 pan and bake for 20-30 minutes at 350ยบ. (I usually cook mine for 27-29 mins.)

No comments: