Sunday, October 29, 2006

Olivia's Garden Quilt & Other Projects

I'm so close to finishing Olivia's Garden Quilt!! This has been a 2 year WIP and I'll be glad to have it finished. It's so beautiful, especially the middle flower arrangement. The picture really doesn't do it justice.

I made my first flat fold ever! It was really a lot of fun and very easy. I even made the cording for it. That wasn't too horrifying either! LOL The design is a Lizzie*Kate Pocketbook kit, Beware of Cat.

Here's a side view of the flat fold so you can sorta see the fabric I used on the back.

Lastly, the back of the piece.

Now I'm in a finishing frenzy and trying to get stuff finished!!

We're heading to TN to visit my DH's family, so hopefully we'll get to see some pretty autumn sights. Living in north Texas, autumn arrives sometime around Thanksgiving, but I'm ready for a little bit of autumn now!

Sunday, October 15, 2006

It's Been Awhile

I've been trying to do more stitching and spend less time on the computer, which means that I've not been updating my blog as much. However, I really miss it, so I'm going to try to remember to update the blog as often as possible. Definitely won't be everyday, but at least once a week or so.

Now then, here are the updates of my current projects!

First up is my Lizzie*Kate Flip-It Block piece. I'm stitching these all on one piece of fabric, 28 count Barley Harvest from Woven Workes. I just finished the August block yesterday morning. I plan on putting a border around them all when finished.

I finished this Little House Needlework complimentary design, Small House Sampler, last weekend. It's stitched on 32 ct. Autumn Blush linen. I stitched it entirely in Crescent Colours fibers. I really like the way it turned out!

My next finish was for a fall exchange on one of the message boards I frequent. It's SanMan Originals' "Sharing Letters". It's stitched on 32 ct. Toasted Pumpkin fabric from R&R Reproductions and uses mainly Crescent Colours, but there are a couple of WDW threads thrown in the mix.

I'm still continuing to stitch one ornie a month. Last month, I stitched Brown House Studio's "Folk Art Topiary" from the 2004 JCS ornie edition. It's stitched on 32 ct. Sprouted Wheat linen from Woven Workes and stitched with Crescent Colours fibers.

That's enough pics for this time! I'll post more in a few days!